Ram upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

5 3 l< 0

Baseband Member
Hi, im new to the forums im gonna upgrade my pc since i cant even play Counter strike anymore i was gonna buy some ram on my own but heard lots of thing like not being compatible and other stuff so here i am asking for help my computer is
Compaq Preserio 5000 i already have 128mb sdram pc 133 i was thinking of getting 256 or 512 mb i dont wanna spend too much money on it pls help me out

Ill sell you a 128 MB pc133 for $20, guaranteed compatible, send me an email if youre interested.

my specs are
powercolor radeon 9600XT
AMD athlon 1.3Ghz
128Mb sdram (dont know who made it)
40GB maxtor hardrive
250watt PS
FIC az31 mobo(sucks)
and thats about it 7154 i checked on pricewatch and there are 512mb s are like for 45$ i think you are asking for little too much but i dont know if they are compatible thats y im here asking these questions What does hi-density mean? or low ?

First of all those FIC motherboards are serious garbage! My friend had a FIC AZ11 and the thing only had half of it covered in IC (Integrated Circuits)! Not only that but the board itself killed some ram. I would suggest upgrading.. Even if you have to buy a new case to support a new board it would be worth it.

Your motherboard would have to support the RAM "size".

Here is your board:
http://www.fic.com.tw/support/motherboard/motherboard.aspx?model_id=49

The compatibility report lists some 512mb sticks. However, there appears to be two revisions of your board, A1 and A2. You could find out, and look it up on the PDF manual located in the above url..

yeah, if your ram is upped to 256 or 512, you can really get the full capabilities of that graphics card and will help your overall performance

i know this mobo sucks i dont know maybe iwill upgrade motherboard too what are some good suggestions but i dont want to change the CPU and ram i cant afford it yet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom