RAM Trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.

TomsBadLuck11

Solid State Member
I just purchased a new RAM stick that is a 1GB Super Talent DDR-400 PC3200 (both sides of stick are covered) and it doesn't seem to work when I put it in. After putting the new stick in and turning my computer on, it makes a continuous beeping noise every 5 or so seconds and nothing appears on the monitor. Here are some of my specs:

K8 Triton mother board (4 available slots for RAM, each can hold 1GB)
Geforce 7600GT 256 MB graphics card
160GB hard drive
AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3000 + 1.87GHz
512 MB RAM (Also a Super Talent stick, only one side covered)

If you need any more info please ask. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Where do I find the model number? It isn't a name brand computer or anything, a privately owned business put it together

try swapping the ram about with different slots

try the new ram on its own.

then you know if its the ram or mobo that needs looking at

OK, I put the new one in the slot where my old stick used to be and it works fine, but then I tried adding the old stick to another empty slot and I had the same problem I did before trying to add the new stick with the old one (beeping noises). So the problem is that I want to add the old stick as well but idk what to do. Any suggestions?

Well the new stick works fine as I am using it right now. I took out the old 512 stick and put in the new 1GB stick in its place. The old stick worked fine but had less memory so I replaced it with the larger sized stick to see if it would work in the first memory slot. It does, but now my problem seems to be that the only memory slot on my motherboard that appears to work is the first slot. No matter which stick I put in the first memory slot, the stick works fine but when I try to use any of the other slots, it doesn't work. I think something might be wrong with my motherboard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom