RAM timing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Him

Fully Optimized
I just put 1 gig of RAM in my computer, set up in dual channel. It is pc3200 and matched sets (It says that it is in dual channel) but the clock is set at 333. I went through my whole BIOS looking for that change, but to no avail. I have an AMI bios. My other system specs are listed below.
Thanks

There should be a DRAM FREQUENCY option that you can set to 'By SPD' , the SPD chips have the speed inwhich the ram should run at installed in it so when you set it it to that it should put it to the right speed and timings

Did u check your mobo whether support pc3200 ram or not.
Because usually BIOS will automatic detect the ram speed for u.

Yeah, I did some research on my board and realized it supports dual channel pc3200, so that is why I went and bought it. It runs at aual channel, 1gb worth, but only at DDR333. I dont like that number, it's not as cool sounding as ddr400. And there is a performance difference, another reason I do not like it.

You can download from Intel their cpu frequency utility to tell you how fast things are running. I believe for your chipset it will also tell you if your chip is running in PAT mode. PAT mode adds performance to a system.

I downloaded that, all it does is tells me my CPU frequency and FSB. Nothing about my memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom