ram speed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerigorn

In Runtime
i have the system below; however, my mobo prevents me from running my ram @ 400 mhz, it runs @ 333 mhz. dont ask, this cant be fixed, ive researched it. is there any way i could overclock the ram to 400 mhz or more. if so, how could i do that. risks?

Yeah looks like his FSB is running at 166 instead of 200 or something along those lines. Your BIOS should provide those options.....but then again I remember ag3 talking about gigabyte boards not supporting the faster latencies, but I thought that was the ram Timings not the actual ram speed. Can't remember

everyone if talked to that has this board has had problems fixing the ram speed problem. most people simply flash the bois and that corrects the sitution; however, this did not work for me. i go to the bois and change the speed to 200, save, and the comp restarts automatically. after this reboot, i go to the bois again to find the speed back at 166. ive tried setting it to manual but the mobo still clocks it at 166.

Yeah my brother got a Gigabyte board, he should have listened to me when I said not to...perhaps you can't go above 166 because you are not able to lock your AGP:pCI bus in which that would cause your computer to default back to 166 instead of staying at the 200 because that would fry your AGP and PCI Components.... also his had a jumper on the motherboard so perhaps yours has the same when it comes to the CPU speed.

He also couldn't change his RAM to the appropriate speed I believe. Seems like gigabyte sucks to me

hmmm, know this is more of an obscure method but have you checked your manual for any jumper information? perhaps that is holding you back? if not im sorry for wasting your time, but worth a check, and make sure your BIOS did actually get flashed check all the version numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom