RAM Recomendations

Status
Not open for further replies.

philip5510

Baseband Member
Ok guys i know that ram effects the performance of your computer greatly. I also know that their is a huge price range for ram. what i dont understand is how to find ram that goes well with your system (same performance level). im getting an AMD Anthalon 3200 venice and i have a Ati radeon X800 XL 256 mb graphics card. i need to pick out a good ram for my new gaming rig.

Any suggestions would be greatly apreciated.

Well give us an estimate on how much you want to spend. If you want to spend $200 on overrated Corsair XMS Low. Lat RAM, get that. I reccomend G. Skill (if you can find it) or Patriot RAM if you can afford it. If you don't want to get very expensive RAM, get Corsair Value or Crucial.

Yeah, g.skill or OCZ.

G.skill overclock greatly, the best. OCZ have best performances, but are also more expensive. Overclocking the g.skill is a bright idea, but saying this, OCZ - you cant get much problems with this!

Xiahou said:
Yeah, g.skill or OCZ.

G.skill overclock greatly, the best. OCZ have best performances, but are also more expensive. Overclocking the g.skill is a bright idea, but saying this, OCZ - you cant get much problems with this!

OCZ have best peformance, they will peform equally at stock speeds as any other equally timed ram

What motherboard do you have, or are you planning to get? This is a very important question. How much are you planning to overclock? Can you live with a 5% performance decrease that value ram gives you when you overclock? If you can, then get value ram. If you can't, then tell us what Motherboard you have so we can reccomend a specific kind of ram.

im getting ocz because thats what the mojority recomends. im willing to spend around 200 dollars. But i need a specific name of the specific ram ur recomending so that when i type it in to ncix.com i dont get 20 with tiny differences.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom