RAM is RAM right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sKaD

Baseband Member
I got some free RAM about 6 months ago from AOL (was at my aunt's house, that's all she has and they gave her some offer to send her free RAM so she could upgrade to the newer AOL POS.0)

So anyways, I had them send me PC3200 DDR400 or whatever for my Apple G5

Now, I'm wondering if I could use it on the PC i'm building to sell that's an AMD machine. Bassically I figure it should work.. right?
The MOBO

Thanks

Uh...how can you be building and selling a PC if you don't know how RAM works?

I think your buyer should be scared.

Yes, this memory should work assuming the G5 accepts the same memory type that you have...

If its DDR400 PC3200 it should work. You do need to learn more about how PCs work if you are planning on building very many. I know I would only want to buy a PC from somebody who knew what they were dealing with.

uuuummmmm :amazed: okay..

Just because I didn't know if they made RAM different for Apple Computers since I don't know much about Apple computers doesn't mean I know total shit about PCs.

Thanks for your input.
:cool:

Id have to agree with sKaD, because much of apple hardware is SO damn proprietary, that I cant blame him for being curious.

true, but then again its not any of our bussinesses. just goes to show that we need to be more careful nowadays.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom