RAM QUESTION! can a pair of duals go wit an extra stik of ram?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaylee714

Solid State Member
i got 2 dual channel geil 256mb pc4000 ram...and i was wondering if adding another stick of nonbrand (K-byte) 512mb pc2100 would increase performance or not.....

not by much, it actually could decrease performance. pc4000....hmm you must mean pc3200 which is DDR400. you should add whatever memory type you have now, not pc2100. don't be cheap with memory

ekÆsine said:
not by much, it actually could decrease performance. . you should add whatever memory type you have now, not pc2100. don't be cheap with memory

Totally Agree .. Go with the same type of memory .. Also check ur mobo manual's to ensure what type of ram would let u continue running in dual channel mode

Eksine ...... I guess micro's right here even i noticed the Kingston HyperX PC-4000 /DDR500

i am going on the assumption this guy knows nothing about memory so why would he be using pc4000, to overclock ?....not likely

Exactly how much difference does the dual channel makes? Lets say comparing two 256 MB sticks in dual channel mode and two sticks not in dual channel mode. Will there be a huge difference between the two?

ek u said dual channel is only good for integrated video with amd's.....but in a lot of peoples sigs it says AMD and Dual Channel Ram......on www.cyberpowerinc.com i ordered one stick of 512 ram but i couldof got 2x256 Dual Channel for the same price

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom