ram question

Status
Not open for further replies.
DDR, or Double Data Rate, is almost twice as fast, and yes, if your MOBO supports Dual Channel Access, two sticks (if they are a matched pair) will allow the Dual channel access to function, making it even faster.

LV38_Eagle, brother, you speak the truth. However, if you use 2 sticks instead of one, you are using up more ram slots as opposed to a 1-stick setup, which can make future upgrading harder and possibly more expensive since most (newer) motherboards support 1.5-2 GB (3GB if you run a server platform!) of memory, but only 3-4 slots. It all depends what is more important to you and your specific needs.
And yes, DDR memory is about twice as fast as SDR, and isn't even that much more expensive!

yea man ddr and sdr are really gay...... some motherboards only take ddr and others only take sdr. i don't really know what the significance of it is.

DDR, or Double Data Rate, is almost twice as fast, and yes, if your MOBO supports Dual Channel Access, two sticks (if they are a matched pair) will allow the Dual channel access to function, making it even faster.

i should have read. sry.

if the motherboard supports dual channel memory, I say use two sticks. However, if it doesn't then use 1 stick so you can more easily upgrade latter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom