RAM memory

Status
Not open for further replies.

toshiba

Beta member
RAM memory - shawn to advise

[added]
HI to all,

I would like to ask you for an advise. A friend of mine has taken his notebook Toshiba satelite 2100 and has removed his RAM memory card of 128 in order to install it to an other notebook of his cousin of the same type with 32 RAM and wanted to install it there. After he was not successfull in this, he tried to reinstall his RAM memory to the old, previous notebook and now even if he tries to install the RAM memory , the notebook doen't accept the RAM with that capacity but reduces the RAm to 32. My friend has a lot of information in his notebook and of course wants to do his best possible to bring his notebook back to his former shape. The notebook of my friend is a Pentium2 processor and has the windows 2000 installed.
[/added]

HI Shawn,

Im Toshiba again.

I followed your instructins and it worked out with the new notebook. The RAM memory of the oldnotebook of my friend, which we tried to reinstall at the beginning is still not working properly. We followed your instructions but it didn;'t work out ith this notebook.
The situation is the follows:

My friend installed the registry optimizer and we suspect that this could be the reason why the notebook is not accepting the old memory. We tried also to install new BIOS, but it still didn't work out. Today we tried out also the last option: we formatized the whole notebook, but it still didn't work out.

Please advice in this case. Do you have any other option?
You would help us a lot!

Thank you very much in advance,

Toshiba

[color=880000]**merged your post from the other thread**[/color]

Hi Shawn,

Thank you very much for helping us with the notebook problem. We followed your instructions, but it didnÂ’t work out. We think that most probably the RAM memory is not defect, but an other part of the notebook. Nevertheless, thank you again very much for your support.
We cannot contact the factory, where this RAM memory was produced since we are in Kosovo.

Thank you again!

Regards,

Toshiba

Responses to his questions through PM for forum information:

Shawn:

So let me get this straight, Notebook 1 has 128 and notebook 2 has 32. Memory from notebook 1 was removed and installed to notebook 2. This did not work, so it was installed back into notebook 1?

If this is correct, Try this:

- Remove the battery and make sure the unit is not plugged in at all. Install the memory and make sure that it is in correctley. Press the power button for 60 seconds to fully discharge the system. Once complete, reinstall the battery and plug it in if need be. Turn it on and see what happens.

Toshiba
HI Shawn,

Im Toshiba again.

I followed your instructins and it worked out with the new notebook. The RAM memory of the oldnotebook of my friend, which we tried to reinstall at the beginning is still not working properly. We followed your instructions but it didn;'t work out ith this notebook.
The situation is the follows:

My friend installed the registry optimizer and we suspect that this could be the reason why the notebook is not accepting the old memory. We tried also to install new BIOS, but it still didn't work out. Today we tried out also the last option: we formatized the whole notebook, but it still didn't work out.

Please advice in this case. Do you have any other option?
You would help us a lot!

Thank you very much in advance,

Toshiba

Shawn

This notebook that your installing this memory into may be too old to recognize the memory. Please tell me the name and model number of the laptop your trying to upgrade and the kind of ram, speed and pin size your using.

toshiba
Hi again,,

Model is Toshiba 2100CDS,
I have Kingston RAM 64MB, which was working with it,
After stoped recognising this one he bought one compatible of 128MB'Ram's, but unfortunately doesen't want to recognise none of RAM Mem's,
I have upd. the BIOS, from 7.1 to 7.4, but still nothing happens.
I think that it is something with Memory Slot.
I have tryed couple of tricks founded in some sites, but no success.

regards and best wishes

shawn

It could be possible that the 2100 does not like that specific RAM chip. Order this from crucial, it is garantee'd to work from the manufacturor.

http://www.crucial.com/store/listpa...00CDS&submit=Go

I still believe the possibility that the laptop does not like that stick of RAM. Crucial Technology garantee's their memory. Also, you might want to call Toshiba tech support to see what their take on the matter is.

nitestick, thank you for pointing me here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom