RAM issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elestat

Solid State Member
Hi everyone, first i must say that my english is not very good, because i am from venezuela, and also this is my first post on this page, which i think is great, a lot of people posting here.

Well now to my real problem, i have 2 sdram memories of 256 MB each, but my system is only showing 480 MB, why is that happening, and also can thos 32MB make any difference ?

the 32mb really wouldn't make THAT big of a difference, plus do you have onboard video? Because onboard video would take away from your total system memory

Like Nubius said, it is allocating 32MBs for the onboard video card and depending on where you look to see the total amount it just might be reporting the total wrong.

Yes i have an onboard video card, but i dont even have the drivers for it installed, i use a Geforce 4 fx5200. it also have a sound card on the board, but i dont have the drivers for it installed neither.

make sure that onboard is fully disabled in your BIOS and that theres no option to allocate memory to that onboard video

I did as you tell me, i disabled the onboards, now i have the 512mb, thanks a lot.

while i was in the bios i noticed that there was an "ultra mode" for my ram memory, and then there was something "cas" wich is set to 3ct or something like that, i switched to the "ultra mode" does that improves my ram memory ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom