ram inquiry

Status
Not open for further replies.

benzimm86

In Runtime
Ok so when i first built my computer i bought a stick of 256 ddr ram. Thats what it said on the site and on the sticker on the stick of ram. i just recently bought another stick of 512 ddr ram and now i just noticed that my computer says i have a gig of ram. i have used programs such as cpuz, everest and belarc to confirm this. they all say i have a gig of ram. what is wrong, my computer and all the tests i have run or the sticker/seller of the ram. after thinking about it i do remember my computer always saying i had 512 for ram before adding the new stick of ram so this has always shown up as a stick of 512.

benzimm86 said:
Ok so when i first built my computer i bought a stick of 256 ddr ram. Thats what it said on the site and on the sticker on the stick of ram. i just recently bought another stick of 512 ddr ram and now i just noticed that my computer says i have a gig of ram. i have used programs such as cpuz, everest and belarc to confirm this. they all say i have a gig of ram. what is wrong, my computer and all the tests i have run or the sticker/seller of the ram. after thinking about it i do remember my computer always saying i had 512 for ram before adding the new stick of ram so this has always shown up as a stick of 512.
I'm sure that first stick was 512 to begin with, but if you get the numbers off the front of the actual modules, you can look them up online to be sure.

yea take both sticks out get the model#'s and serch them in google and seewhats up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom