Is this RAM dual channel?

Status
Not open for further replies.
RAM is not dual channel. The motherboard and CPU have to support dual channel. When you see kits called 'Dual Channel RAM' it just means its been tested and guaranteed to run in dual channel. Those should have no problems running DC.

They just gotta be same speed and spec and generally same brand although some people have gotten it with different brands, don't know how often that is though.

Check your mobo manual to clarify if it'll support DC

Yeah, nubius is rite. I suggest getting different RAM though. I mean brand by that.

Thanks for your help. My mobo supports dual channel, so we'll see how well it runs.

yeah your mobo has to support dual channel, i have two 256 ddr333 sticks that are entirely different brand names, and purchased a year apart. i pluged them in to my mobo and it automaticaly assigned dual channel, works fine. although i heard that both dimms need to be identical sizes, i havent experimented with that yet but even so if they do work with different sizes, by logic, 2 of the same size woulb be more efficient that two different sizes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom