RAM Adding Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
please learn english

wot, havnt, u, some board even show, if "u" have a 128 (a 128 what?), I the new boards (you are a new board???)

I'm almost sure that it isn't the problem. My video card is nVidia's GeForce FX 5200 128 MB DDR, so first of all, I don't think this card need any additional memory to take from my system RAM, and secondry, the AGP aperture size selected in BIOS is 64 MB, when the missed amount of memory is 128 MB.

ok try each of the ram at a time.... first put the 256mb in the slot check if your pc is giving display and shows you 256mb if it does that ram is ok take it out then put the 128mb in it and do the same ..and then the same with the 64mb.... and your saying your 64mb is a 100 bus so .... try the 256mb with the 128mb .... if it gives the correct figure ok thas fine then try the 256mb with the 64mb and check if the figures are correct ..... and also check the 128mb with the 64mb.. and check if the figures r then correct.... if they are then your saying that 128mb ain showing up.....!! try another ram in the same bank slot ..ur 128mb was in....

slvrstang said:
please learn english

wot, havnt, u, some board even show, if "u" have a 128 (a 128 what?), I the new boards (you are a new board???)

Slvrstang, i'm glad you spoke up... i've been trying to hold my tongue... errr rather.. i was beginning to think vnet was trying out some sort of ebonics language on us. :)

Hey! I solved this problem! The trouble was that my old motherboard is too "stupid" to be able to read the chips of 32 mb size (the stick was 256 Mb with 8 chips on it). So I changed this stick to another 256 Mb dual sided stick with 16 chips. Now it works perfect (I also installed it in right order). The only trouble, that I should add 40$ to change 8-chip stick to 16-chip one.

But now I have 256+128+64=448 Mb of SDRAM!!!
This RAM upgrade was the last one in my upgrade program, so now I can proudly post my system spetifications in my signature!

Even my comp is still the old one, but after all upgrades (video card, CPU overclock, hard drive, memory) it works pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom