ram!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaO_xTc_RaVeR

In Runtime
right now i got 512 mb ram, is there a point on upgrading?
should i get another 512 mb ram chip?
is it possible to put em togeather?!!!!!!!!!

do you mind giving a bit more information?

Do you have any RAM slots left on your mobo? What do you do with your computer- video editing gaming and photo editing or just word proc. and web surfing? What kind of RAM do you need? Is it dual or single channel?

Answer those questions for us then we can tell you if you need it or not.

ughh
i all i know is
its ddram
and i have 2 spots left
only 3 there in total
i just play games, music, surf net, once in awhile imaging

doesnt sound like getting another 512MB would be worth it. Having 512MB should be adiquate for what you use your computer for.

Is a gig of ram a good idea for a home user at all? I have been going back and for (mainly due to cost) on getting either a 512Mb or a 1Gb set of Dual low latency dimms. Probably from Corsair, although I've heard good things about Kingston too, and Kingston is a little cheaper. I'm slowly buying pieces for a new PC system and I've got a Radeon All-in-wonder 9700 Pro on it's way and I'll be doing some home movie captures from our camcorder. I don't plan on doing much editing, just capture and burn to DVD, other than that I just play games. Would I notice that much of a difference?

Alexander

btw the Ram will be running Dual Channel on an Asus A7N8X deluxe with a 2500+ XP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom