RAM - 32bit XP and VMWare

Status
Not open for further replies.
520hx is plenty of power. I have one running my system (e6750 @ 3.54, 1.43v / GTX 285 OC'd).

From the sounds of it i would say that it would be a mess up with the TVersity Media Server. As i have run F@H with Avast and Defender along with much more and never had a issue.

Have you tried to just run F@H and not the TVersity? See if you get the lock up?

MAybe for a night disable it at startup and see if the PC locks. If not you found out what it is. The Syncing to the Server is what is causing your system to lockdown.

My line of thinking is that with the SMP Client working and the GPU client working and the fact that you are limited to about 1.5GB of RAM after everything is all said and done that something is going wrong.

Could be that the SMP client just finished up a WU and is trying to send results and get a new WU and with the Sync going on it taxes the CPU so much the system freezes or could be something else.

I am just trying to work through some things to try and help you figure this out. Cause if not going to XP X64 might be your best solution.

I've been thinking something along your first thought too.

I know its not a wu finishing, I might just have to go vista 64.

However, i haven't run at default in along time either....... So many factors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom