Ram

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hinrichisgod

In Runtime
I'm still a little bit unclear about RAM. What will having 1024 do better than 512mb? Will it up the frames per second or what? Hopefully someone can clear up my unclearness on RAM lol. Thanks.

random access memory.

fps-for games will be determined by agp card more than anything.(then cpu)

1024 megs... geez
LOL ( i remember the days when my mainframe ran 40 mg HDD SPACE LOL )
don't worry yet... 512 pc 32 is plenty. lol

as I understand it, ram is used for high end apps and multy tasking more than anything.

I never really bothered about it. As long as you have enough to run all the apps u want, ur good.

Sry, that wasnt a very good exp.
OK. So each application that you run takes up ram. You only have a certain amount.
Someone plz add to my petty explanation LOL

also. if ur not doing alot... programming, gaming, at the time, theres no games requiring more than 512.(havent even heard of one requiring more than 256)

i really hope i was helpful :)
Al

U already have 512mb in dual channel which is more than enough.
Addin 512mb wouldn't make much of a difference.

U have 512mb with a peak bandwidth of 6.4Gbps compared to 3.2GBps of single channel.:D
Peak Data bandwidth=(Memory speed)x(no of bytes transferred per channel)x(no of channels)
=400MHZ x 8 bytes x 2 channels
=6.4GBPS

U should b really happy with that. :)

So say if I bought a 1 gb of Kingston HyperX DDR Pc-3200 it wouldnt make much difference in the games I play (Far Cry, Unreal Tournament, EQII, which Far Cry runs okay, but can at times be a little skippy so to speak lol)?

Hey, a pc wouldn't utilize the available 6.4GBPS to the fullest and how can U expect it to utilize 12.8GBPS.:D

yes more ram can indeed help the jerky ness you speak of. Then again it could be another problem. If you are playing EQ2 then you will need about 2gb ram for it to run smoothly so dont expect much there. Played WoW on a friends PC, pretty much same as mine with half the RAM. You could see a big difference in the load times and how well over all the game played, tons smoother with 1gb RAM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom