Ram

Status
Not open for further replies.

ranran

Baseband Member
I am able to get 2 gigs of ram for my b day, and i dont know what kind ot get. my mobo only has 2 slots. so what kind do i get?

also if possible a ombo deal where the ram ome with a keyboard i really need a new one. as you an see, my see key wont work.

You have to tell us what kind of RAM your motherboard uses. Does it use DDR or DDR2? What are your specs?

If you don't know then do this:

Start Menu > Click Run > type "dxdiag" without quotes and enter > then post the name of your motherboard

Hmm, sounds like a dated computer, you may want to consider just getting 1GB of ram which is excellent for most Windows XP applications and most games (I am running with 1GB at the moment and I have only had problems running new games at high texture quality). Only people running Vista or people who want to play new games at very high detail levels would really ever need 2GB.

Newegg.com - Kingston ValueRAM 1GB (2 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 333 (PC 2700) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail

Kingston is a pretty reliable company.

EDIT:

Actually I think you can use DDR-400 RAM, it's just that your motherboard will downclock it to 333mhz. Can anybody confirm this?

Anyways, if it does work I would buy this:

Newegg.com - CORSAIR ValueSelect 1GB (2 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail

I hae a gig now, and thanks fore the help but i already ordered a pair of 1 gig stiks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom