radio coming out of my computer speakers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pitbull

Beta member
Hello -

I was trying to fix another audio problem that I had recently, and when I reconnected my speakers, I must've done it incorrectly!!!!
I also have a subwoofer thingy (you can tell I am not very computer-knowledgable), and I'm not sure if I connected it to the right place either.

Anyway, now I hear a radio station thru the speakers very lightly in the background (even when i shut down my computer I still hear it).

In addition, I had also fooled with all the volume buttons, and maybe that caused this prob? I dunno.

Can anyone help me fix this prob?

a) what should my volume buttons be set at?
b) how do I get rid of the radio sound coming out of my speakers?
c) What is the correct way to connect the speakers to my computer, and the subwoofer thingy?

Thanks.

This sounds like you are getting some sort of electrical or radio interference that your speakers are somehow very vaguely picking up and broadcasting. If you have many electrical or radio wave objects around your speakers, I suggest moving them. It may just be due to the fact that you live a very highly dense radio wave area, around cellular towers, radio broadcast towers, etc.

I'm not familiar with the configuration of your speakers so I do not know how to properly set them up, read the manual and if need be, contact constumer support about any or all of these issues and they will hopefully be able to answer your questions.

This is a tricky problem.

Try plugging your speakers into a different power source, or run them off an UPS which is not plugged in.

If this doesnt solve the problem, it's the speakers or a bad device nearby

I used to have the same problem with my old speakers. Although I was picking up a CB frequency and it happed very infrequently. I changed my desk setup so my cordless phone and wireless router were no longer sitting right next to it. I havent had the problem since but I also upgraded the speakers around the same time so it could of been either or.

thanks so much everyone

I'm rather embarrassed to say:eek: , but...
I realized that I hadn't plugged my speakers into the right holes!!!!
But in my defense, I was verrrry tired and sick the other night when working with my speakers. So, I musta messed it up without even knowing.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom