Radeon 9600XT TV-Out problems - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Monitors, Printers and Peripherals
Closed Thread
Old 01-03-2004, 11:30 AM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Radeon 9600XT TV-Out problems

OK, I can get the TV-out to work fine, I am using a 25-foot S-Video cable, the problem is , there is this double-black line that slowly goes from bottom to top on the TV, like a refresh rate problem, i tried using different refresh rates for the TV, but that didn't work , does anyone have other suggestions , I have the newest catylist drivers as-well.
please help

Old 01-03-2004, 04:23 PM   #2 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

try testing by using another cable to rule out bad cable. or possibly the cable length is causing this black lines so test with a shorter (3 to 6foot svideo) cable.

Old 01-03-2004, 07:56 PM   #3 (permalink)
Newb Techie

yes , i thought of that to, maybe 25 feet is to long . .. .but 12 is the next shorest , and that wont really work out for me , we'll see , any other suggestions people ??
Old 01-03-2004, 08:38 PM   #4 (permalink)
Super Techie
Send a message via Yahoo to A_Zip1

i would agrea that the cable is probly to long and thats why you are getting the black lines.... try a better quality cable... i would suggest going to a store witha good return policy [if u live in canada like me, u can go to future shop] try buying a better quality cable with 24k gold end connectors and the wholes works. and if it works then ur all good, and then if it doesnt, u can just return it and rule that off as a problem.
Old 01-03-2004, 10:20 PM   #5 (permalink)
Newb Techie

i would agree to that , I am in Canada, and i couild go to Future shop and do that , i just bought cheap 30$ s-video from radio shack .. . . . I wish they had something between 12 and 25 feet though . . .
thanks people
Closed Thread