radeon 9250?

Status
Not open for further replies.

_SiLv3R_

In Runtime
5700LE, 5500, or 9550se?

k im builkding a really really low end comp for my bro... well not that low end but u get the picture... a gibgabyte 7n400 pro and athlon xp 3000+ (barton core)... newayz i have my video card choices narrowed down to either a Nvidia 5700LE, 5500, or a ATI 9550 se (all 128 MB) or a 256 mb 9250... im kinda leaning against the 256 mb because ive heard that the 128 mb cards perform better than those... i konw the les and ses are at a lower clock speeds but i could just oc them a lil bit and bump em up... so i was just lookin for suggesstions for which one of these 4 cards i should chose... this'll only be temporary of course until i can save up enuff money to get him a 6600GT (when it comes out) and an XP-M 2500+ (gonna oc it of course)... newayz the little guy only plays some of the older games like counterstrike, halflife, and stuff like ghost recon (not very demanding).. but he was thinkin about getting halo.. so im just wondering which one of these cards should i go with until i can afford the upgrade for my lil bro?... has anybody had any bad experiences with any of these cards? thanks in advance! :)

EDIT: i really cant afford any more than this because im current saving up around 5 grand Canadian for my 64 bit pc... so those 4 cards are all i can afford... so if you guys could jsut make suggestions within those 4 choices it'd be helpfull! :)

2nd EDIT: soryr if the titles a little misleading but i had to edit the post and change it a bit :p lol

Silver

hmm, possibly 9550 SE, I don't suppose you could squeeze out for the 9600SE could you? because I believe those are supposed to be able to OC to PRO speeds, of course that might have just been the 9800SE's come to think of it..hmmm...that's kind of a toughy. The LE and SE editions usually suck balls so if you were to just get the generic 5500 that should be good. but I believe the generic FX 5700 is only $100 now, what's your graphic cards budget?

I think I'm going to have to saaaaay FX 5500 although generally previous gen ATI cards beat out nvidia, but I'm thinking that perhaps since that 5500 isn't LE like the 5700 it'll perform better than the 9550SE.

BTW I suggest you get the 35w 2400+ XP-M for OC'ing, I too was thinking the 2500+ XP, but man I got this chip up to 2.3GHz 38C Full load and I haven't even begun to try and push it, I just wanted 200FSB so I could run my pc3200 RAM at it's designed speed :p

thanks a lot for ur input nubius :D.. always reliable! :)... newayz just wondering.. will i be able to run counterstrike on medium-high settings in that setup?

Nubius said:
BTW I suggest you get the 35w 2400+ XP-M for OC'ing, I too was thinking the 2500+ XP, but man I got this chip up to 2.3GHz 38C Full load and I haven't even begun to try and push it, I just wanted 200FSB so I could run my pc3200 RAM at it's designed speed :p

aww i was missinformed... bigfootcomputers told me the 2400+ was the kind of overclocker chips.. i feel sooo betrayed :( lol jk :p... o well im guessing the 2400 will be cheaper as well so i wont have to cough up too much for my lil bro out of my computer savings :D lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom