Radeon 9200 128mb AGP-Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gamerfx22

Beta member
I just got my dads computer, and its a nice one. But it has a SiS 8 mb Video Card. So I bought a new one, ATI Radeon 9200 128 MB AGP card 8x/4x. The card works, I have tested it in two computers. I replaced the old card and put the new one in the AGP slot, firmly. I hook my cp back up and turn it on and the monitor won't come one, doesn't even boot up. I have tried installing the drivers that came with it before hand, and even downloaded the latest Catalyst off ATI. Nothing works. I have no exhisting Video card drivers on my computer, atleast its not registering under addd/remove. I have nearly given up. Please help me.

Take it back and get an Nvidia...

No, seriously. What mobo does the computer have? I have an emachine that uses a FIC AM-37 mobo, and the 9200 would not work, period. I fought with it for days. than I took it back and got a BFG GeForce MX 4000. Old, yes. But I have played Half-Life 2 on it fine.

You could have a hardware incompatability problem, in that the mobo does not like the ATI.

welp if the cards working that least the motherboard, and power. Make sure the card isn't being misaligned by something exibiting force on some part of the card, like the back of the case, and make sure that the backing plate isn't forced into its position by the screw, only held.

Try unpluging a drive or 2. Whats the rating on your PS?

Thats the funny thing. I even put my brothers Nvdia MX 4400 in there and the monitor boots up, but it is a blue screen with wavy lines. I have tried. There use to be an a 128 MB All-In-Wonder oon here, but it was PCI and wasn't working correctly with the Mother Board. So we put the SiS back in and formatted. And about the Mobo, I don't know whats in it. I don't know how to check from my PC. I tried right clicking My Computer and going to properties, nothing.

I really need help on this, I have tried for atleast a week. I'm fixin' to give it to my brother.

If the pc had a pci vid card in it and you're installing an agp card you have to go into bios setup and change the vid setting friom pci slot to 4x agp slot.Then reboot and you should be ok.

Re:

Hello,

Also...make sure that the card will be compatible with your motherboard. There are different AGP Standards, and your motherboard may not conform to the AGP standard of the ATI 9200 Graphics Card. Standards include different voltages and speeds.

http://www.ati.com/support/faq/agpchart.html

The AGP site has a chart which can assist you. The ATI Radeon 9200 Graphics Card is AGP Specification 3.0, which can operate at 3.3V at 2x speed, 1.5V at 4x speed and 0.8V at 8x speed. Verify that your motherboard's AGP slot can accommodate this :D.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom