r520 core to boast 32 "pipeline" performance

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only cards that are real "appealing" now are the 6800 GT/Ultra, and the X850XT P.E. How much do you think the cards of this new generation will be when they come out? I do know I am waiting a couple months this time until solid reviews come out before I make my purchase.

*EDIT* PP Mguire, I feel so sorry for you....

My 8 pipeline 6600GT doesnt seem appealing anyomore

lol yeah. It's a great card, but as I told that guy pizza, now I'm just getting greedy hehe. With games like F.E.A.R. and S.T.A.L.K.E.R. coming out I want to be able to play them max settings with atleast 2x AA They won't be coming out until May and June of this year so I figure as far as graphics go they will be equals or better than HL2 (the screens look damn good)

This cards gotta last a year or probably more realistically. No doubt the 6600GT would be able to do it, but the 6800GT guarantees it :D

After I get paid in a couple days, gonna do the eVGA step up program, get the 6800GT, then a couple weeks from now, get water cooling hopefully, cool that 6800 down and OC that beast to and past Ulra specs ;)

try being me and dealin w/ a 5600ultra for the time being. BTW guys my parents might sell my big system.
PP I'm confused....at first you had like a 3500+ AMD64, then that got wrecked and you said your mom was getting an FX-53 and you wanted a SLI board and all this other stuff.....why do I keep seeing your story and situation changing all the time. At first I see you exclaiming about the cool heavy duty hardware you were getting and now I see you almost looking for pity cause you're using a 5600 Ultra?

Man, I hope I can play F.E.A.R. and S.T.A.L.K.E.R with high settings and at least 2x AA., but like Nubius says, I would probably need at least a 6800 GT for that. I will upgrade to the next gen if they come out in AGP....so no need in getting a 6800 GT now.

How much do you think the cards of this new generation will be when they come out?
The article suggests it'll cost between $600-700 upon initial release. That's pretty good considering the massive performance leap it's offering in my opinion.

And as we all know, without solid drivers even the most powerful hardware becomes useless so I hope ATi can deliver. It seems they've shaped up recently though which is a good sign.

beedubaya said:
Man, I hope I can play F.E.A.R. and S.T.A.L.K.E.R with high settings and at least 2x AA., but like Nubius says, I would probably need at least a 6800 GT for that. I will upgrade to the next gen if they come out in AGP....so no need in getting a 6800 GT now.

Your pro isnt that dead :)

Well, I'm just hoping my current 5950 can handle F.E.A.R. and such titles. If it'll utilize OpenGL instead of DX I SHOULD be fine, or atleast I hope so. It ran DOOM3 rather well with pretty high settings. But there is only one way too find out...

I have to wait a few more months before I can get my next gaming rig. I'm seriously considering Dual R520s when they come out on the A64 platform, providing that they DO make it to the A64 platform that is.

If not, dual 512mb Ultras and an A64 4200! Oh, now the fun part- waiting! :-(

my mom got layed off and now were back to where we used to live and were hurting for money. so gotta sell the system for money. PM if you want more. and im not looking for pitty.

and I'm stuck witha 9600np... I can overclock it pretty far, but that only goes so far and I'm not going to spend any money on something that old. (though I did get about 10 more fps on doom3 letting me up the res one more tick :D)
I really want to find a cheap older "top of the line" card like a 5900 or 5950 or similar. They still seem pretty expensive. Damn I wish I had a job :confused: or very generous, wealthy friends. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom