Quiet Cases

Status
Not open for further replies.

koldapu

Fully Optimized
I'm building a computer for my moms new office, and I need a quiet case. I don't care if doesn't look good or anything, she's gonna keep it under the table anyways.

I'm going to be using a Pentium 4 Northwood with HT . . .

Thanks

ehh, that forums for gamers . . .

this is a strictly business pc (why do you think i'm using intel :p)

hehehe...ah...hmmm, i guess any cheap case with two or three fans will suit fine...if you really want it quiet you can buy special accoustic fans that are almost silent...i don't know where to get em' though.

perfect...antec is a great brand might i add as well. looks good to me, if you want you can buy just another fan to put in the front and that will do fine.

Vantec sells a series of fans titled "Stealth" which run at 20 decibles or less, which, in the world of PC fans, is extremely quiet. TigerDirect.com has a great selection of Vantec's Stealth fans. The Stealth fans are the only case fans I use. If I have a new case or PS that comes with fans already, I chuck them and buy Stealths. They're great.

You shouldn't be worrying that much about the case as noise control is related to the components inside. You should looke into getting an Antec (TruePower/Blue) PSU, Western Digital or Seagate HDD, Vantec Stealth intake/exhaust fans (60mm - 80mm). Also make sure you have a "spiral" fan casing as that is what will have the biggest impact on overall sound.

ShoobieRat said:
Vantec sells a series of fans titled "Stealth" which run at 20 decibles or less, which, in the world of PC fans, is extremely quiet. TigerDirect.com has a great selection of Vantec's Stealth fans. The Stealth fans are the only case fans I use. If I have a new case or PS that comes with fans already, I chuck them and buy Stealths. They're great.

I just wish they made the Stealth series with LEDs! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom