Quick way to defrag a drive??

Status
Not open for further replies.

lws_junior

Baseband Member
Just a theory. Say for instance my primary drive was 50% fragmented.

If I were to create an image (backup) file of the c: drive using Nortons ghost and save it to a slave drive, then restore the C drive with the image file I just created, would the C drive be no longer fragnmented?

When restoring a drive from a backup image I wouldn't think the files on the drive would be fragmented.

O & O Defrag is an awesome program for defragmenting. For me, it only takes 15-30 minutes to defrag my hard drive, and I notice a big increase in startup/load times every time I do it. I don't remember the website off the top of my head, so just google it. It shouldn't be too hard to find. You can download their trial version which I believe is good for 30 days, but after that you have to pay for it.

Thanks for the info about O & O. The reviews pertaining to that program are very good.

I was just testing a theory. My drive actually wasn't 50% fragmented. By the way I tried this method and it does work, My drive was 20% fragmented according to Nortons. It took a whole three minutes to create the image and then reload it back. Drive is now completely defraged.

Get Diskeeper

Executive Software's Diskeeper is the best defrag software out there. You can defrag drives (schedule defrag as well), you can set defrag to be done when the drive needs it. You can also defrag boot files and expand MFT. You can't go wrong with Diskeeper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom