Quick Bios Flashing question

Status
Not open for further replies.

jolancer

Daemon Poster
after u flash the bios... is it suppost to display a different bios version in setup or not?

cause i flashed one of mine, and im not shur if i did it properly or if it worked. because soyo doesnt even have proper insturctions. instructions on there site sayed it would automaticaly do blabla then press enter. but it didnt... it just gave me a list of cmd's. but there was also a 'update.bat' file with the .rom and .exe utility. so i typed 'update' and hit enter.... and it started doing a bunch of stuff like.... erasing.. writing... something(dont remeber.... verifying blablabla... it finished and returned to the A:\ prompt. so i shut it down and restarted. it started up fine, so i know i didn break anything. but the version displayed in bios is still the same.... is it suppost to be like this?

i think it actually did something though(but im not shur... thats y im asking u guys) because, b4 i flashed it.. my cpu temp was at a steady 28*C most of the time... but now its at a steady 31*C most of the time. (witch i think is prolly more acurate). itsa 2.8 celeron D.

i fully made shur that i had the proper bios make b4 dling and flashing... i also put the bios flash files on a seperate disk...

so did i do it right? or rong? if it helps the bios info is...
AMI Bios
Flash utility: AFUDOS.exe
Bios file name: C3504AA1.ROM

the update.bat contained this cmd... afudos /ic3504aa1.rom /pbnc

wow this post is a lot longer then i intended... im jsut realy confused. thx for any help.

if you flashed the bios, it'll most likely look the same

www.cpuid.com and download cpu-z and check what date your bios is for your mobo to see if you flashed it right or not (that is IF the soyo site gave you a date for the bios)

if your comp works, you probably flashed it right

What kind of mobo?

Also in case you didn't know after a BIOS flash ALWAYS go into BIOS and "load optimized defaults" and then save the changes. After it reboots put back your settings the way you like. Problems can occur if you don't load the defaults after a flash.

yea i didnt mention everything b4, cause i was thinking my post was getting too long lol.

i already had CPU-Z and i checked the date b4 i flashed it. it sayd 7/14/04 or soemthing like it. after i flashed it(or so i think i flashed it) it started up. i cleared the CMOS, loaded optimal settings. booted into OS. and windows went threw detecting all the mobo hardware as if it were new. i rebooted and went to cpu-z, and the bios version date was exactly the same... the bios version date that i DLed is something like 1/15/05

now i guess another question is.... could i have FLashed it rong, and still have my system working fine??

EDIT: o yea, its a soyo SY-P4RC350

EDIT0:
if you flashed the bios, it'll most likely look the same
yea i know it prolly wont look diff. but theres a version # on the bottom that says something like v2.65(i think, for example.

would the version # remain the same aswell?

tell me something i dont know.. the bourd was free though, and working so its good enough for me.

if anyone knows though, i would appreciate having the above questions clearafied, cause im still pritty confused. thx.

isnt Nubius still around here?

Version number changes on every board I've ever used. Either the board doesn't feel like displaying the proper number or the flash didn't work at all. I believe the flash was not successful myself.

thx for the help guys. (i never flashed a bios b4 thats y i was confused, didnt have previouse encounters to compair it to)

i think iv figured it out though...

i looked up more information online about AMI bios flashing and learned what a couple cmds do(the important ones)... i reflashed the bios again, and came out with the same resault.

so this is my conclusion

A) Soyo never had an update for my bios and just dated it rong.

B) Soyo's updated bios never changes version or date.

C) A +/-/and/or B = Soyo R F*cking Stupid morons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom