Questions on Upgrading Computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeX

Beta member
Ok my computer is in need of upgrading and im not sure what should be upgraded, so I need your help. What would be the best thing to upgrade to make my computer faster and better for gameing. Im also on a low budget so I need semi cheap stuff that still works good.

My specs are

Intel Celeron processor 2.7 ghz
256 mb of ram
40GB hard drive
Intel 82845g graphics card

definately your ram and your vid card could use a boost up. Your chip has a fairly good clock speed, although celeron's arent the greatest. It would be better to have a pentium or an athlon (but the celeron will do if your on a budget).
I suggest going to 512Mb Ram and if your mobo has an AGP slot, upgrading to like a radeon 9800 maybe.

how much does "low" mean? $200? $400? If you're my neighbor, $5000? Seriously, he spent more than $8000 on a rig (mostly because of the huge lcd screen)

i really recommend 512 ddr ram for now, and the vid card, get like a rad 9600, they are in good price range for budget. The 2.7 ghz can wait for now.

Yeah ram video card and cpu that all needs upgrading i would go with 512mb of ram a new p4 cpu since u already have a pentium bord although i dont know if a p4 can go in a celeron rig yeah and a new video card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom