Questions about video graphics. Plz help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

xtech0506

Beta member
Hiya, I recently purchased a computer and I'm a bit curious about the graphics performance. My computer had the Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 900. When I go to graphics properties>information>view report, it displays that the max. graphics memory is 128 mb and graphics memory in use is 35 mb. What does this mean? Is there any way to increase the graphics memory used? And how can I modify my video graphics so that I can play games with max performance? I hope someone can help thanks.

the 128 meg is what the onboard video has allocated for use the 35meg is what it was currently using to display to your monitor. as far as modifying the graphics for game play it will play some older games ok but newer games are beyond onboard graphics. my recommendation would be buy a video card if you want to game

Could you list the make and model of your computer so I could look up its technical specifications? That way I can tell you what you can do to it.

I'm not too sure about all the specs I'm suppose to list.
My PC is a HP Pavillion a1140n.
2.8 ghz pentium 4 HT
1 GB RAM
Windows XP home
and the intel graphics i previously mentioned.

My PC runs games quite fine. I tried Splinter Cell on 800x600 and it was quite smooth. I haven't bought the new games yet I was wondering if it can handle games like Call of Duty 2 or Quake 4.

Well, the bad news is that your motherboard does not have a graphics slot on it. The good news is that you can get a PCI graphics card for it.

NewEgg has the PNY VCGFX55PPB Geforce FX5500 128MB 128-bit DDR PCI Video Card for $89 + Free Three Day Shipping (sweet).
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814133134

NewEgg also has the EVGA version of the same card, but the PNY has a 128-bit interface, vs. the EVGA's 64-bit. Also, this card can support dual monitors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom