questions about video cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

dan88

Solid State Member
i have had some video card troubles lately trying to upgrade from an fx5200. 6600gt and x700pro's wont work with my motherboard and im just wondering if there are any cards that are half decent that dont need a hook up to the power supply. i tried a 6200oc but didnt find it to be great for battlefield 2. im not expecting anything great but something better than the 6200oc i guess. also if anyone can explain to me why those two cards wont work with my motherboard so i can avoid buying anything similar and having to return again i have an emachine t2085 with a via km266 motherboard.
thanks

What kind of AGP card do you have? Or do you only have PCI slots? Also, you might want to try unlcoking the 6200's pipes. That might help performance.

i have an agp 4X slot, okay i will try unlocking them and see if that helps, would it be better to unlock them or get a 9600 and try to unlock those which would have possibility of better performance?
thanks

You might need a motherboard. Some AGP slots have different power requirements. Some will only work with a lower voltage. Same with video cards. Your mobo is right around that time slot.

i tried unlocking the extra pipelines for the 6200oc through rivatuner and my computer crashes during benchmarking.

Well, Why did the 6600GT not work? Its suppsoed to work with a 4x. If it doesn't work, then your video card should blow up. Thats how its supposed to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom