Techist - Tech Forum

Techist - Tech Forum (
-   Monitors, Printers and Peripherals (
-   -   Questions (

ciroalb 06-29-2005 04:22 PM

Hi, I´d like to know the difference between HDTV-out and TV-out...if I want to use cable tv, does the motherboard support that with the place for the cable, or do I have to buy something else?

daappleby 06-29-2005 04:24 PM

HDTV out is for High Definition Televisions, the other is for normal tvs. If you want to watch cable on your puter you will need a tv tuner card. If you have one there should be a connector for it on the back of your card.

woot7800GT 06-29-2005 04:24 PM

You would need a TV tuner to watch TV on your computer.
TV out is for displaying what's on your monitor on a TV.
Edit: beat me to it!

daappleby 06-29-2005 04:27 PM

LOL I am a TF whore LOL

ciroalb 06-29-2005 06:08 PM

What does VIVO means on Video cards??

Shadow Geek 06-29-2005 06:12 PM

Video-In and Video-Out, simple.

ciroalb 06-29-2005 07:12 PM

What does exactly mean the video in? What´s it´s function? Thanks.

DJ-CHRIS 06-29-2005 07:25 PM

Record from a video camera ect

dhw200 06-29-2005 07:33 PM

the ATI AIW series all have VIVO and pretty much any other kind of TV interface

ciroalb 06-29-2005 09:02 PM


Originally posted by DJ-CHRIS
Record from a video camera ect
Can´t I just do that with an usb connection??

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:27 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.