Question on upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbc

Baseband Member
Hi,
I am just wondering if all of the RAM that advertised on ASUS for A7n8X E Deluxe mobo will support dual channel?

http://www.asus.com/products/mb/socketa/a7n8x-e-d/overview.htm

Is dual channel really make a difference? in speed?

My budget in limited, which RAM would you guys recommend (DDR400, dual chaanel)

For CPU, shopuld I go for 2500+ or I should take a step higher and just go for he 2800+ or 3000+. Because I heard many ppl have their 2500+ goes to 3200+? (Without any hardcore overclocking, liquid cooling... etc)

Thanks for any help

Well the list is for ASUS's prefered memory companies but it does exclude some of us. Basically if ASUS likes you they put you on the list. If you plan on overclocking then I would go with either Twinmos or OCZ, but if you don't plan on overclocking then all standard memory will work in your system. I would use 2 PC3200 modules so when you overclock the CPU the memory can handle it. You are going from a XP 1800+ to a faster CPU so a 2800+ or 3000+ would run faster. The question is do you have that much to spend? If so then I would go for the 3000+ and PC3200 memory. Dual channel is an operation of the motherboard so all you need to do is buy 2 memory modules at the same time and they will run in dual channel mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom