question for those with an ATI

Status
Not open for further replies.

AND_YOU_ARE

Fully Optimized
For those of you who have an ATI card. Did you change anything after installing the card? Anything from fastwrite, to VPU recover, or anything else? What settings do you find provde you with the best stability and least hang ups or crashes. I am wondering because I still have yet to figure out what i need to do to fix my vpu recovery error.

Thanks

fastwrite is one of the causes of instability so if you suffer from recovery error, you might try turning it off since your MOBO might not be 100% compatible. Another cause is the TRUEFORM. It is better handled true the software itself (game) than through hardware. Only a few games ever included instructions for TRUEFORM (Morrowind was one of them) so select off. What was your old card? If it was an NVIDIA based card, then you still have some files (even after removing drivers) present on your HDD. There are some programs outhere which will completely remove the unwanted files (detonator destroyer is one). Hope this helps.

my old card was a 9600 pro, I have never had anything but ATI. I have tried turning off fastwrite in the bios, and after this some times the computer hangs up on the post with the floppy drive, when nothing is in it.

Have you tried completely removing the ATI drivers (from the remove/install in control panel) and do a fresh install. Have you also turned it off in your ATI control panel. What about TRUEFORM. Have you considered trying the omega drivers (from omegadrivers.net)?.

If you turn off the vpu recover, your computers locks up hard, at least with the vpu recover you can go back into windows. What is trueform, and how do i go about changing that?

trueform is in your 3d options under custom, select always off. It was a hardware method of treating some information. Most games now include data treatment directly in the software so turning it off may resolve some issues. I would definitely try the omega drivers if I were you (omegadrivers.net). They work great and never caused me any problems whatsoever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom