Question regarding Motherboards/BIOS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sethlin

Beta member
Greetings, my name is Doug and im a new user to these forums. I look forward to becoming a regular and helping others with the knowledge ive gained, as well as ask questions when I dont know the answer haha.

Such as this one. I work at CyberTex, a IT center in austin,tx. We have around 10 computers with the same motherboard. They are old generic amptron boards. Recently on a number of them, the video will go out. It can be an hour after you turn on the computer, it can be days. But at some point the video wigs and lines appear on the monitor. Now this happens on the integrated and PCI video card. Note these PC's do not have AGP. This occurs on multiple monitors that work for other computers. I think the motherboards may be going out but I do not know. the video wig can happend during a game of solitare or while downloading windows updates.

Any thoughts ?

We already have new computers, we use dell machines for the students servers and then we use the legacy computers for the clients. That way they can learn something on the machines that need fixing and in doing so they dont have to mess much with the servers (the way it should be). I think its either the power supply, video card, or motherboard. I dont know if a power supply malfunctioning though would cause the video to stripe out like that. I want to say the motherboard but I hope its not cause then we need alot of replacements.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom