Question regarding integrated video

Status
Not open for further replies.

Temp2

Beta member
Ok, bear with me.

A few days back I bought and installed a GeForce MX 4000 AGP 128MB graphics card. It seems to be working right, but my motherboard originally had integrated video. I'm just not sure if that integrated video is still kind of "there" and causing any problems of any sort.

It shows my display device as being the GeForce MX 4000 and nothing else, but when I go to system information, I see several instances of what I believe is the integrated video. Particularly in the Conflicts/Sharing section under hardware resources. It seems to show some conflicts (I guess?) between "SiS Accelerated Graphics Port" and the "NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 4000". I don't know if it's at all relevent, but I can't take the risk.

Is there a way I can disable the integrated graphics?

I hope what I've said makes at least a little sense. Any help would be appreciated.

right click on your desktop, go to properties, then settings, it should say "xxx(whatever your monitor is)" on geforce mx4000.

If thats what it says, youre all set, however you can disable your onboard if it makes you feel better. go to device manager and click on the plus sign next to display adapters, click on the onboard adapter and disable it.

You should also be able to run something like dxdiag that shows you how much ram you have. If you're supposed to have 512 and it shows 480, you know your onboard is still hogging resources.

You can disable the onboard video card in the bios, i believe. I have never had a motherboard with onboard video, so i am not sure.
He is correct and that is precisely what you need to do. Get into your BIOS by pressing delete when your computer first comes on. It's generally Delete for most systems if it's not for yours then watch the screen if anywhere it says 'PRESS <Key> TO ENTER SETUP' setup = BIOS in this situation. From there should be a menu called Integrated Peripherals or something close to that. From there you should be able to see an 'Onboard video' option with ENABLED/DISABLED as your options. You need to set to disabled and save your settings and exit. This should fix your problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom