Question, please answer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhw200

Fully Optimized
Im thinking of buying a Cyber Power PC with AMD Athlon 64 3200+, 2 gigs of RAM, and X800 XT 256MB Platinum Edition.

Anybody here have any experience with the Cyber Power PC's? Also, is the Athlon 64 3200+ powerful enough?

I'd suggest simply building a PC from scratch. Generally cheaper and you'll gain some knowledge along the way and of course have the pride of knowing you built it yourself.

Thought about doing that, havent made up my mind yet. But back to my original question: Cyber Power. Found out bout em cuz they have a 3 page ad in PCGamer. Also, this PC would be like $1485...an awesome price.

I heard cyber power has terrible customer service. If you want a pre-built PC I would recommend looking into alienware, they on the other hand have the best customer service of the computer companies. Processor and vid card are both excellent choices. You do not need 2 gigs or ram though, it won't do you any better than 1 gig.

Thanks for the help. At the same time, why 1 gig as opposed to 2? wouldnt more be beneficial?

It won't be beneficial unless you use very memory intensive applications, 1gb is more than you need.

by memory intensive we're talking video encoding, softimage, maya 3d, 3d studio max, CAD, running and rendering at the same time lol.

1gb will be more than enough to suit your needs. Save the money and put it towards another component.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom