Question on my Custom PC build.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since you are suggesting liquid cooling, I am presuming that u are going to overclock quite a lot?.. Well, I guess you do. But not with those parts.

Check out the DFI Lanparty Ultra-D for the mobo, and some decent RAM..

I think the OCZ platinum rev 2's are going for $185 on newegg (1GB). But, as was brought up in this forum, they might be using the new tCC5 chips instead of the old TCCD chips. The jury still seems to be out on the new chips. But some people have reached 300 MHz overclocks while others haven't been so lucky. But personally, with a DFI board, I think u should be ok with that RAM. But, you might want to read some reviews when they are available. I believe, Gaara promised to post some results on this forum when he's done with his modules that he got recently. The amount of RAM? Depend on what u want to do.

For the HDD go Seagate (my preferred choice), or WD. For PSU's get a Thermaltake, Antec, Enermax, OCZ... a good brand..

And make sure ur CPU is a venice.

The Zalman 7700 series and the XP-120 has gotten good reviews I believe for air cooling. But be careful about the clearing space available for RAM and such when u use these units. As for the need for liquid cooling, it really depends what "how" much overclocking u want to do.

The stock cooling will be fine if you don't over clock, and it still should be sufficient even if you do overclock a little, but you won't need to overclock this rig. You will be able to get some extreme overclocking out of the video card, because it comes with a giant all copper cooler.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom