question, i need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

AND_YOU_ARE

Fully Optimized
For those of you with a Radeon 9600 or had a Radeon 9600, maybe you can help me. I have been having problems with this card lately.

A few weeks ago I oced my card 10MHz on core and mem. Nothing huge. Then my card had been locking up, refershing at different resolutions during bf1942dc or internet useage. So i tried different drivers. Catalyst 3.9, 3.10, 4.1, 4.4, 4.9 (4.9 being the latest). Nothing different. I put my card back at the default clock settings, still the same problems. I wiped my drive reinstalled everything, running catalyst 3.9, still have the same problems. I tried 4.9 still with the same problems. I cant think of anything else, could it be that I need a new card?

Thanks for the help, I need it.

A few things to make sure. One, trueform should be OFF. Same for Fastwrite (off). If you can, the easiest way to test your card would be in another computer. You can also check out the omega drivers. They work great (better than catalyst in most cases). You can download them from omegadrivers.net

I would be more comfortalbe sticking with ATI drivers for the time being. As for true form and fast write, do I make those changes in the bios?

Thanks.

I am also having problems with the VPU The screen pauses, resloution resets and a message pops up stating the following:

VPU recover has reset your graphics accelerator as it was no longer responding to graphics driver commands.

This is getting annoying, and I would like to solve this things soon.

Thanks for your help.

AND_YOU_ARE said:
I would be more comfortalbe sticking with ATI drivers for the time being. As for true form and fast write, do I make those changes in the bios?

Thanks.
Yes, i think there in the bios.
--- Have you reinstalled your drivers, mabey you should try the omega drivers as stated by zerozero, they wont destroy your card.

zerozero said:
A few things to make sure. One, trueform should be OFF. Same for Fastwrite (off). If you can, the easiest way to test your card would be in another computer. You can also check out the omega drivers. They work great (better than catalyst in most cases). You can download them from omegadrivers.net

I turned off fastwrite in the bios, but i dont know where to find trueform.

I still need help with this problem.

Thanks

Well i tried the omega drivers, the latest off their site, and same problem as before. Now it seems like it is a problem with my video card. Any other suggestions? I realy need help on this problem.

So what was the solution if you don't mind? By the way, both trueform and fastwrite can be found in one of the tab of the ATI control panel. Trueform is under the 3d tab (select custom) and fastwrite is under the troubleshoot tab.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom