Question on the Geforce 6600GT vid card

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes, that 6600GT is compatible, and a 4-pin molex connector is a plug that comes from your power supply that gives electricity to your hard disk, video card, whatever. it is sqare, a litttle less than an inch wide, and it has 4 big pins on it. I bet you have one availible and you'll know what it is and where is goes when you see it.

a bit off-topic, but does anyone know if the pci-e 6600gt's need an extra power dongle? i'm not running with one (nor do i see any place to plug it into the video card) and it seems to be running just fine...

a bit off-topic, but does anyone know if the pci-e 6600gt's need an extra power dongle? i'm not running with one (nor do i see any place to plug it into the video card) and it seems to be running just fine...
I think some brands might, however if you don't blatently see a black female connector at the back end of your card then I guess you don't....that and if your PC boots up generally you get a warning that says it's not receiving power so yours is more than likely ok.

Ladies and Gents - a molex connector :)
molex.jpg

PCI Express doesn't need power but the AGP version does. Thats why the motherboard has 24 pins and not 20 like AGP.

It's reliable

And turtile, 24 pin vs 20 has nothing to do with the video card. 24 pin gets rid of the additional 4 pin connector laballed AUX used. 20 pin's by themselves are too weak in 12 volt power to power anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom