Question on fixing a computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevedub

In Runtime
This lady at work wants me to look at her computer. She told me all she was getting was a bsod, and she can't even get into the bios. I'm thinking it may be the hard drive, but I'm not sure, since I haven't personally looked at it yet. What do you guys think it could be?

You don't need a harddrive to turn the PC on.

If you can't even get into the BIOS you will have to work out the problem through the beep codes.

Did she say when the blue screen comes up? If she gets into windows, try a format.

RAM sounds like a possible cause.

You need to take it off of her, and tell us more.

she did say that the ram was ok, she tried it in another computer. I guess she can't even get to windows.

Ok guys, I finally got the computer, I was able to get to windows. I cleaned up a lot of stuff, and got rid of spyware. But for some reason explorer wants to keep opening, and the I get a error message, I'm thinking its from a previous aol, because I've seen somthing similar like that. after the error message the computer freezes.

I'm going to dink around with it a little more, and I'll try to write down some of the error messages that I get to see if you guys can help out.

ok I'm also recieving a "rundll 32" error as well. What I need to do is get some virus ware for her, but I can't connect to the internet with her comp.

Description:
rundll32.exe is a process which executes DLL's an places their libraries into the memory, so they can be used more efficiently by applications.This program is important for the stable and secure running of your computer and should not be terminated.

The question is when are you getting the Rundll Error? And what is the full error message?

haha if you had aol installed on the pc your best bet is to just reformat the hard drive to get rid of it!!

Well that was my first thought was to reformat. But this poor lady has lots of pictures on the computer, so I thought I would try to save them. I'm just gonna reformat, like mentioned before, AOL just inbeds itself into the computer. Also she has windows 98! LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom