A question concerning flashing my BIOS, help needed.
So i have to update my Bios. No problems except i have to update them first using "AFlash". These are the directions below but being a noob i'm having trouble trying to figure them out.
AFLASH.EXE (unzipped) can only be executed in DOS mode and not from MS-DOS Prompt in Windows O/S. As a result, no matter if you wish to backup or update the BIOS content, you must create a new boot disk. Please copy AFLASH.EXE into the disk which you wish to boot the system. In addition, in the BIOS device boot sequence, you must set boot from "Floppy Drive" as the first device in the order of boot sequence.
Use Update using Aflash BIOS Update Procedure
1. ASUS Online Update (Download from ASUS WWW ` FTP) for latest version BIOS and save it on a floppy disk.
2. Use the floppy disk as described in above to boot.
3. In A:\ DOS mode, please unzip AFLASH.EXE (unzipped).
4. In MAIN MENU, please choose Update BIOS Main Block From File. Please refer to [2. Update BIOS Including Boot Block and ESCD] .
5. After the procedure has complete, remove the disk from the floppy drive and shutdown the power.
6. Reboot, hold down key and enter BIOS menu. You must choose "LOAD SETUP DEFAULTS" to activate the new BIOS, then reconfig other items in the BIOS menu.
So i have to download the aflash file to a floppy disk (but how do i make it a boot disk?" And how do i set boot to "floppy drive"? Really appriecate some advice concerning this. Thanks
INTEL PENTIUM 4 3.0 GHz
512kb L2 Cache S478/ Zalman 7000B-AlCu cooler
Antec Solution Series 3700AMB Case 350W
XFX GEFORCE 6800GS VF700-AlCu VGA cooler
1 GIG CORSAIR/1 GIG GEIL DDR400 PC3200
Benq Lightscribe 16x DVD ReWriter
SAMSUNG 1.44MB FLOPPY DRIVE
WESTERN DIGITAL 80GB 7200RPM 8MB CACHE HARD DRIVE
Philips 17\" MONITOR
LG 52X24X52 CD-RW
Logitech MX518 Optical Mouse
MICROSOFT WINDOWS XP HOME