Question about wall-mounting - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Monitors, Printers and Peripherals
Click Here to Login

Old 12-02-2013, 08:05 PM   #1 (permalink)
Super Techie

Send a message via AIM to GLaDOS
Question Question about wall-mounting

Hello all,

I am looking at purchasing three monitors and wall mounting them. The last monitor (LG) I looked at, and almost purchased, had the VESA mount on the back, but it appeared that you could only remove the base and not the stand. Is this common? I thought removing the base and stand was the usual practice.

I'm looking at the monitor below - can anyone confirm if the base and stand is removable. Also is BenQ a good brand for gaming or just as a general monitor?

BenQ GW2750HM 27IN Widescreen A-MVA LED Monitor 20M:1 4MS HDMI DVI VGA Black Speaker

I appreciate everyone's feedback!!

Old 12-03-2013, 06:31 AM   #2 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

Default Re: Question about wall-mounting

Some sites are not as informative as others. Newegg is really good about specs and views of the product

BenQ GW2750HM Glossy Black 27" 4ms (GTG) HDMI Widescreen LED Backlight LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 DC 20,000,000:1 (5000:1) Built-in Speakers - Newegg.com

Looking at the image gallery from the Newegg site, yes, the base and stand are removed in the #7 view
There's also an Iron Egg guarantee, I think that means they will match the price

Joe C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 07:17 AM   #3 (permalink)
Super Techie

Fantastic! Thanks Joe C!

I looked closely at those images and the buttons to adjust brightness, picture, etc. are on the right side of the monitor, as opposed to the front or bottom. I'm going to be mounting this on a chasis (Volair Sim - Affordable Flight | Racing Cockpits) and I think having them so close together could cause some issues. I will have to continue my search! I appreciate your help!

Does anyone recommend any good brands of monitors?
Old 12-04-2013, 10:14 PM   #4 (permalink)
Super Techie

I've been looking around and a lot of the monitors have the VESA mounts but it's not clear if the entire base and stand come off or only the base. I checked this model on newegg and it shows an image with the base off but with the stand still on. I can't imagine this is the way it is designed, but I can't find anything to confirm that both the stand and base should come off. Am I missing something?

ASUS VE278Q Black 27" 1920x1080 Full HD CD Monitor w/Speakers - Newegg.com
Old 12-05-2013, 08:45 AM   #5 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

Download the manual from Asus and read page 2.1 in the .pdf
https://www.asus.com/Monitors_Projec...E278Q/#support
Joe C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 08:17 PM   #6 (permalink)
Super Techie

Thanks Joe! I never thought of the fact that the manuals would be available online. I'll keep that in mind as I check out other monitors, but I'm glad this one clearly shows the stand and base can come off. Thanks again!