Question about refresh rate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Homer_J

Baseband Member
I'm messing around with my new LCD monitor and working on the display settings. It's my first LCD and I'm not too familiar them. I set the recommended native resolution (1280 x 1024) and it looks great. However, the only available refresh rate to choose is 60 hrtz. I'm running a decent computer with a good video card (AMD 3200, 6600 GT). Here is my monitor :

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=24-006-067&depa=1

My questions: Why is 60 hrtz the only available option? Should I go to "custom refresh and resolution rates" and set it higher? (I'm reluctant to do this because there's a disclaimer that says you might mess up your computer with custom settings.) Thanks.

LCD's dont have different refresh rates, just 1 60hrtz. Thy do have different response times though.. such as 16ms, or 8ms. the response time cannot be adjusted though, typically the more expensive the LCD the lower the response time.

response time is what makes the rate on LCD's look smoother during playback... in the same manner that Hrtz make CRT's look smoother during playback. To bad the ms response time is hardware dependent though so u cannot improve it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom