question about RAM (compatibility and identification...need to buy new 512_advise!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rawan AbuSalman

Daemon Poster
I have a couple of questions about RAM...

I have 128 MB of ram (I guess DDR) isntalled on my P4 and I want to but a new stick of 256 or 512 mb...

First, is there a way to check what is the brand name of the ram, and what type it is (sd or dd...) It is not in the device manager (at least, I didnt see it there!)

Second, how do I know which RAM is copmatible with my PC and which is copmatibile with the existing ones??? (I heard something about PC 400 or something like that...which one do I need to buy??? and are they all compatible with each other?? (If I buy a new one, will it be compatibile with the existing RAM on my PC becuase I want to add it to it, not replace

Also, what brand type do you advise me to get?? I am hoping ot find 512 in cheap price...kingston or something like that...what do you say?

Thank you

ok to figure it out take out your stick of ram and look for any stickers that are on it. it will most likely either say pc2700 or pc3200. pc2700 = ddr 333 pc3200 = ddr 400 kingston is ok corsair is pretty good

I have previously looked at them and, as far as I remeber, wasnt any sticker exept one that said "Samsung"
There wasnt any pc 2700 or ddr 333 or anything else.

Is there a way to check the specifications from the copmuter (like device maneger or something of that sort?

And for my copmuter, I need a PC 400 right?? Are you sure it is compatible with the copmuter AND with the other RAM sticks?

Thank you

existing RAM? (I should not have any problems when installing them; windows will recognize them and add them to the exsting 128 mb?)

Thank You

Is there a way to check the specifications from the copmuter (like device maneger or something of that sort?
???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom