Question about my voltage readings

Status
Not open for further replies.

espeed

In Runtime
Hiya,

I was wondering if someone could explain this screen to me. Its a measurement of my voltages using pc probe. There are 4 different measurements, can someone explain them to me. Am i right in assuming the 12v one is my PSU voltage? If so is the slightly less than smooth line anything to worry about?

Screenshot below.

Cheers.

Attachments

• probe.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 27
They are just telling you what your voltage currently is, compared to what it should be (give or take some millivolts)

The 12v rail is running at 12.22 (perfect)
The 5v rail is running at 5.187 (perfect)
The 3.3v rail is running at 3.472 (perfect)
And you Vcore (cpu) is running at 1.568 (I assume fine, since if you OCed your voltage will be different from other machines)

the 12, 5, and 3.3 volt rails are just the power on your psu. They all add up and are used to power your components, to whatever their power may be.
The Vcore, like I said, is your cpu.

Those little spikes are just your voltage being inbetween 2 points

Your voltages are bang on, just slightly higher than they should

It wouldnt matter that the voltages are a littler higher than they should be, right? I mean, it's so small. Within a few hundreths of a volt.

That may be the ASUS pc probe, which only works on ASUS. But there are tons of utilities out there that do the same thing. Have you tryed SpeedFan? That has some cool features in it that may prove useful. Just check around, I'm sure there are ones that have that graph. Check http://www.majorgeeks.com

espeed said:
If so is the slightly less than smooth line anything to worry about?

You (should) have no worries. But if you insist on worrying, than that is your problem. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom