Question about my video on my new comp build.. please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

SureShot

Baseband Member
ok my first build went well.. the only thing is that i didnt have enough money for a graphics card this week but im going to pick one up next week... my mobo doesnt have onboard video so i am using a very old pci vga card... when i come to this site... and i scroll down it lags and is all choppy... same if i open a graphics window on the desktop and move it around it like jumps... like when i had the asus drivers screen up and i moved it it was all choppy... is this because of this old vga board... or because i have to do something yet... please help i appreciate it

Thanks, Eric

It seems to me that once you get your new card everything will run smoothly. What card are you getting? I've heard a lot of good things about the Powercolor Radeon 9600XT (it's 128mb).

thats what i plan on getting but people have been telling me to wait untill hte new cards come out cause the price will drop...

**will the price drop enough to have to wait for it... cause i mean if its 40 bucks or under idk... **

Also how long you think i can use the 9600xt before i would have to upgrade it ???

thanks, Eric

do you guys believe thats what it is too ???? its really bad... like i move the window and its like the whole screen refreshes or something... and its extremely choppy... when i scroll down a web page it like goes down and then its really choppy... then it like reloads in that spot... lol its quite funny... how it is... i hope its the really old pci vga card... whithin a week i should have a good graphics card...

thanks, eric

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom