Question about motherboard and ram

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah I just typed out one particular experience that stuck out in my mind. In my experience with ASUS boards (I've had 2 or 3) and their technical support, its just killed my view of them really =/ I had a horrible time trying to get any help from them and the boards were just pissing me off. Yeah everyones opinion is different and I know what you're saying about the A-Bit boards and the ASUS being on top but honestly I don't think so. There are other companies producing just as good as boards and I think that even the newer MSI boards for the amd64 I've heard nothing but good reviews about. And yeah I never said anything about A-Bit so xotix I'm sure you're right about them. I only commented on ASUS. Basically it boils down to in my experience I've had nothing but trouble with ASUS whereas I'm sure theres someone out theres who's had nothing but trouble with MSI ya know? Frankly I dont care for ASUS and I don't believe I'll buy from them

BTW about your pci-express question. You wouldn't buy a PCI based graphics card, PCI, AGP, and PCI-Express are COMPLETELY different things. You're going to pay equal to if not more for a pci-express card than an AGP. PCI-Express is supposed to be the next leap in information processing design I guess you could say. Insanely faster communication. Just wait until nvidia and alienware put out there motherboards with dual-graphics card capabilities. Nvidia calls it SLI. Buy two of the exact same graphics card, put it in this motherboard, and theres a chip that links both cards together. One card draws just the top half of the screen and one card draws just the bottom. So imagine an Geforce 6800 Ultra 256mb PCI-Express card having to only draw the top half of a game? This setup FEEDS off of higher settings. The more you try to tax it, the better it performs. But yeah.....cost....don't even want to imagine that

yeah i herd alot about ASUS had an asus AOpen and a DIF before i landed on gigabyte its the sh** they make the top nForce 2 ultra 400 bord and the best nFOrce 3 mobo i would go with them if u wanna cheap solution buy a new amd sepron cpu its almost as good as a 64bit but at like 1/2 the price think i might get me 1 :-D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom