question about external hd enclosures

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewCents05

Daemon Poster
okay my desktops hiper psu died on me so while im waiting for a replacement i want to dump all my music/video/photo files from the internal hd to my laptop. the desktop was running vista ultimate while my laptop is running home premium. if i just buy this

Buy the AcomData Samba 3.5” Desktop USB 2.0 Enclosure - Red and other Hard drive enclosures at circuitcity.com

would i be able to get the music files out onto my laptop? how would i go about doing that do i just plug it in and all the files appear like it would as an external hard drive?

No. A laptop drive is only 2.5" not 3.5". Technically it should work but the drive will be loose in the enclosure. Not sure if you really want to have it rattle around. But if that doesnt concern you yeah go for it.

Doesn't he want to get his hard drive from his desktop computer, place it in an enclosure and plug it into his laptop? That was my impression, in that case the hdd would be 3.5". Correct me if I'm wrong.

Yes okay sorry. I had them confused. It will work perfectly then. It will be viewed as a external drive.

Doesn't he want to get his hard drive from his desktop computer, place it in an enclosure and plug it into his laptop? That was my impression, in that case the hdd would be 3.5". Correct me if I'm wrong.

yeah this is what i want to do. so how would it work? like would my music folders just be visible to me and i can just click and drag them onto my laptop?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom