Question about AMD

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, you don't have to download Win64 beta. XP Pro and Home work on Athlon 64's just as well as they do on 32-bit processors. Anyway, go with an AMD Athlon 64 3200+ with the Asus K8V SE Deluxe mobo. You will be glad you did.

64-bit can process twice as much data in the address bus at the same time. They can also access much more memory. Right now, without a true 64-bit version of Windows, we can't take advantage of this. The main reason for the Athlon 64 right now is the large L2 cache and the 1600MHz FSB. When 64-bit Windows and games start to hit, we will notice a major improvement.

think of it as a "scoop"...right now there are two major sizes of "scoops" (32 and 64 bits) because the programs can only support 32 bits right now the 32 "scoop" is full every time it grabs information and the 64 bit "scoop" is only half full. what beedubaya was saying is that once the OS and games start utilizing the full 64 bits is when the speed will start to increase...I liked that explanation anyway...

-Aaron

I don't want to be a Negative Nancy, but people shouldn't butt-in on an AMD conversation with Intel reccamendations. It's almost as bad as a Mac person putting down PCs in a PC reccamendation thread.

Theres other threads for that. Don't waste valueable page space with negative comments that don't even apply to the thread. I see this every day and it's getting quite annoying. I'm just saying people need to go "pillage and convert" in a 1-mfg vs 1-mfg thread, not this one.

T-anks.

:(

Is the new prescott any better? Like it doesn't overheat like crazy?

Anyways, back on topic, the FX-53 is quite pricey.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom