A question

Status
Not open for further replies.

gaara

Fully Optimized
Did anyone own an AMD microprocessor that predates socket A (before late Athlons/Durons/Athlon XPs), such as a slot A Athlon, or even earlier, a k6 processor?

Seems that even though socket 7 was compatible with Pentium 1s and k6/k5 processors everyone was using an Intel. Any old skool AMDs out there?

I worked on a Slot A AMD K6 the other day. That machine died though so we stripped what was good and chucked the rest. Also, my old PC was an AMD k6 300mhz.

I have a old K6 CPU socket version. Not sure if it works since a friend gave it to me, it was pulled from an IBM machine.

Heres what the heatspreader on it says.

AMD

AMD-k6TM-2
2.2V CORE/3.3 I/O
A 9837BPSW
1998 AMD

I don't know its speads or anything. But there is no damage to it :p Atleast what i can see with my eye.

I just found it interesting since I don't think AMD was existant on prebuilt machines back then and since the technology was fairly new PC builders wouldn't be as abundant as they are now. I first learned of AMD during the Athlon/P3 era and made the move to them since it was universally agreed the Athlon was the better core.

^ me too. I was running a 1700+ with 512 333mhz and a radeon 7000. I upgraded to this setup because my friend sold me the motherboard, 512 RAM and the Chip for $150. I had to jump on that.

Indeed, I still have a 900MHz Athlon, 900MHz Duron and 1.3GHz Duron, I still use to the slower Duron in a file server. I swear I put the Athlon in it though...

newpicture0jg.png

In total unrelated news, do you have the new naruto GAARA? Bittorent is being a *****, 1kb per second. Maybe you can load it on yousendit for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom