question

Status
Not open for further replies.

PES God

Solid State Member
does anybody know if you can buy minidisc drives for a computer because i cant seem to find them anywhere

Re:

Hello,

I don't think so either. Have you been watching The Net ?

They seem to like using minidiscs in movies and what not, but I always associate it as a non working, fake prop of a set. I haven't seen minidisc looking drives before for the PC.

Perhaps such a thing does exist, but not using sony's minidisc technology. Maybe it's too envolved in the cooporate world to jump into households.

Yeah... that makes three of us, because I also do not think they exist... not for the common household yet anyway.

they do exist because sony made them in the mid 90's but they werent recieved well because they were so expensive i just thought that they might have gone down in price by know but i havent seen them for a while

You know they make disc business cards? All they do is just cut a regular CD with parallel lines near the center, so it's got round edges, but flat top and bottom if you can picture what I mean :p

Minidisc drives for PC do exist. The strange thing is that different disks are required to the normal audio disks. This is because of the way they are formatted. They can hold about 140 MB.

Yeah, all cd drives have a smaller inner circle that fits mini disks, which the pc can read.

Shumway and Trifid are correct. I almost want to say that 100% of all CD and DVD drives out there have a smaller circle set in to the tray.
There are mini cd-r's out there, havent you all seen them?

Here's what Nubius was talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom