Putting Clashing Brand Video Cards into Clashing MotherBoards (The Clash)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wedge_00

In Runtime
I am just trying to convince a friend who owns an Asus motherboard which has N-Force on it. He is concerned that if he decides to buy an ATi videocard it won't run as quickly due to sabotaging by Nvidia (Corporate Conspiracy Theory)

I told him that as long as the video card is PCI-e compatible it won't have any problems no matter what the motherboard build....

To support my arguement against him, i told about how the stupid games that come with the Video Card companies logo and stupid slogan "The way it's mean't to be played" or "Get into the Game" is nothing but advertisment as many people have proved that no games are really optimized for certain cards (except Doom 3 which loved the Geforce 6 cards more than the ATi X cards maybe because of better OpenGL support)

SO PLEASE GET STUCK INTO THIS (I GOT A BET RIDING ON THIS!, not much though but enough.......)

For some reason apparently Ati cards work better on a Nforce board than a Nvidia card. Dont quote me on this but I have heard so many times.

wedge_00 said:
He is concerned that if he decides to buy an ATi videocard it won't run as quickly due to sabotaging by Nvidia (Corporate Conspiracy Theory)

ROFLMAO, i don't think so, NVidia doesn't even make the board

I'm looking forward to the day when you can buy a motherboard that supports running dual CPU's. (ONE AMD & ONE INTEL) You can get your multimedia fix and game yourself silly...

Highly unlikely... but it could happen...

Ha... My friend is going to owe me a case of beer....

Because he was skint on cash he managed to get a X-700 Pro (shit of a card) for second hand cheap-o but yet hasn't put it into his brand spanking new case because his has been scared of something weird happening and getting bad results on 3D Mark (He is just new to Computers and thinks to 3d Mark is the Holy Gospel of benchmarking, he should try game demo's)

I showed him how my Geforce 4 ti managed to hold a rough 25-30 frames of high detail settings on FARCRY(Old but yet still graphically demanding!) without chopping (barely any) AND IT WAS FANTASTIC!

24/7 Gamer said:
For some reason apparently Ati cards work better on a Nforce board than a Nvidia card. Dont quote me on this but I have heard so many times.

This is with Nforce 3 only

And to Cyrotoxic or w/e, a chipset DOES affect the peformance of the video card alot. Nvidia could sabatoge it to not accept ATI cards.

Yes that is true and I forgot to mention that lol. I have neva used a nforce 4 board yet as there is quite a considerable lot of hardware I need to buy to make the change but all of the comments on that I have heard was from people using the nforce 3 board not 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom